These is where it all began in 1905 just by the island at 'K' Gate
The Gates are now the property of BMHIT thanks to the developer St Modwen who paid for the removal along with the Rover and MG signs that were on the South Engineering building. South Works was mainly Machining and assemble shops for the 'B' series engine and gearbox. South Tool Room made the press tools for the bodies. Paint and trim was also carried on the site. On the Lickey Road was the South Engineering Building that was built in the early 1950s.
Demolition work started in Jan 2007 and was finished in mid November.
The final building to be demolished was the Fire Station (May 2012)
All pictures by John Baker Aerial Picture - Squibb Demolition